9/18/09

I RIDE FOR SYLVIA

So, just last week Sylvia was venting to us her frustration with people's constant questioning of her reasons for biking. "I want to make a Tshirt" she said, "that says I RIDE FOR, then underneath put a different reason, because there are so many."

(She also wanted to make a shirt to wear during rush hour traffic that says "Don't you wish YOU were biking", to jab at all those stuck in the congestion, as she whizzed by them in the bike lane!)

We will realize her Tshirt idea, by creating I RIDE FOR shirts to wear during the silent ride. I RIDE FOR:

Bluer Skies.
Your Lungs.
Health.
Strength.
Joy.
Less traffic.
Quieter streets.
Asthmatics.
Everyone who can't.
Sylvia.

Please take a moment and share your reasons.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

for a healthy head and body

Kevin Cronin said...

cleaner air and better health.

Anonymous said...

Can't beat the gas mileage.

alex nosse said...

safer neighborhoods

Nanette Yannuzzi-Macias said...

to feel the wind on my face.

Mark McD said...

the FUN of it

emelio said...

awareness of my life

Anonymous said...

To Feel Alive!

tk said...

to become a better steward of our earthly home

Unknown said...

to tune in to the world and to myself, to see wild turkeys, to feel how far i travel, to try to win someone's heart

Joshua Rothhaas said...

to see my city and it's people.

Jon said...

a better view of the world around me

alex o. said...

for a better appreciation of place in which i live

Leah Margaret said...

to reconnect to the people who fill the world around me.
to feel my body work the way it is meant to.
for the joys of downhill.

Anonymous said...

simplicity, love, safety, and friends.

Mel said...

the gut wrenching joy of riding beside my girlfriend.

marta said...

i ride for quiet moments of solitude as well as for the greatest joy and exhilaration i've found my body can create. i ride for my global responsibility, for how it makes me part of a community, and for every aspect of my health. i ride for my independence, for exploration, for taking advantage of every opportunity i have, and for advocating for cyclists everywhere.